JRM invites churches, small groups, and families to “sponsor” an A/C who works with his/her team to make disciples in their assigned area of Africa.
Jesus commissioned us to
“go and make disciples of all nations, … teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:19-20a NIV)
• Have you and your church been praying faithfully for the gospel to reach lost people in other countries?
• Has your church supported missionaries serving in countries around the world?
• Do you feel it is time for you and your church to undertake your own mission to “make disciples in all nations”?
• Do you feel that an international mission project or trip would be too expensive, or that your church is too small?
• Or maybe you have decided to “go” but don’t know where or how to start.
Good News, Jericho Road Ministries has a new strategy
Any church or small group – or even a family – can use it to “GO” to the nations in South Central Africa and “make disciples.” Now your church can join a discipling team to reach people in a specific area of Africa.
How does the strategy work?
For 15 years, our plan has been to train, equip, support, encourage, and work together with Africans who make disciples. They are themselves, disciple-makers, who continue the process of reaching their country for Christ. Bibles, teaching materials, and training are currently being distributed through a huge network of local regional and zone leaders and Area Coordinators (A/Cs) throughout Zambia and Malawi.
Each A/C coordinates up to twelve trainers who each mentor as many as 20 students through the discipleship process each year. Beginning this year (in 2020)…
Through a web-based system, sponsors can know and communicate with their A/C, the mentors they coordinate, and all of their students in the area. Sponsors can track, in real time, the progress of each student.
Imagine partnering with an A/C – essentially your own missionary – in Africa. An A/C is an “indigenous missionary” who already understands the local language and culture, never feels homesick for his homeland, has a job to support himself and his family, never needs a visa, and is truly at home in his mission field. He is trained and experienced in his work of making disciples. He just needs Bibles and other printed materials to do the work. And he needs your ongoing prayers and encouragement. He needs partners who care about him, his family, and the disciples he is mentoring.
Your A/C will be your host in Africa. Sponsors may travel with JRM to Africa in the spring, summer, or fall. You can visit your students and trainers, participate in graduation ceremonies and baptismal services, work with your African team to share the gospel in their villages, identify other projects in your “area” that your church can undertake, etc.
Sponsorship involves three commitments:
- To pray for your A/C, mentors, and students;
- To encourage them through email, WhatsApp, and other online media; and
- To support them through JRM with a monthly financial gift to subsidize the cost of printing and distributing Bibles and study booklets and help the A/C participate in the annual zone training conference.
You will receive:
- Pictures, profiles, contact info, and personal stories of your A/C, the trainers on your team, and all your students;
- Monthly reports of student progress and prayer concerns;
- Updates on conditions and news in the country; and
- Opportunities to travel with JRM groups to Africa to participate in your team’s graduations, training events, evangelistic activities, possibly a safari, etc.
For a JRM Sponsor Prospectus with full details (including application) for your church, small group, or family to become a sponsor, send an email request to: email@example.com